he industry that is most filled with EPP is automotive. Your car is full of parts made of expanded polypropylene: bumpers, headrests, elements in your car’s seat, various covers in your boot, elements of wheel shell, and many others. Critical elements of roof and cabin construction are also reinforced with EPP thanks to the safety that it guarantees.
Due to exceedingly high scores in impact tests, expanded polypropylene is also used for production of safety seats for children.
Why is EPP popular in automotive industry?
A lot of attributes make it perfect for use in automotive sector.
- Its weight is extremely low, which decreases the overall weight of a car, simultaneously saving its fuel use
- It is eco-friendly, and saves the amount of CO2 released to the atmosphere
- Durability, and resistance to breaking and deforming
- Cushioning properties that make it excel in impact tests guaranteeing highest safety
- Resistance to oils, grease, varnish, and hot temperatures
- 100% recyclability
Automotive sector is not the only place for using EPP in vehicles. It is can also be found in planes, buses, or watercraft.